Day One

Phuket
Our mood after a long time traveling, much rain and headaches

The humid air immediately made me very aware of the fact that I'm back in Asia. You cannot find this kind of heat and humidity in Europe. I discovered so many things that reminded me of Japan and so many new aspects that left me with anticipation of getting to know the Thai culture.
Unknowingly we managed to arrive in the middle of a massive windstorm, our host worried, people at home asking if we were alright. We were just annoyed by rain and wind and only that night, when the floor was covered in pools of water and a tree crashed on our house, we were made aware of the extent of the windstorm. We are alright and with all the electricity gone we had time to explore the island. This first day left me with serenity of the life that comes. A peaceful life, concentrated on thinking, reading and working. I love it so far.

I learned how to ride a scooter, I found out that Thai pronounciation is more difficult than Chinese, the views are breathtaking and I actually cannot wait to get a life started here.

No comments:

Post a Comment